I love music festivals. Discovering new artists, being in a crowd of people thoroughly enjoying the pumping tunes coming out of the speakers, and singing along to my favorite songs being sung by the artists themselves, is a feeling of freedom. From Coachella, to Lollapalooza, to Shambhala, to Osheaga, each offers a slightly different feel and experience. While Lolla happens in the fabulous Grant Park in the Windy City, Chicago, they offer the ultimate line up of artists right on the water, right downtown. Fun! Shambhala Music Festival brings the electronic groove to Southern British Columbia, Canada. You’ll be dancing the night away in a beautiful slice of forest and farm for the best outdoors experience. Osheaga is the mini, if you can call it that, sister to Lollapalooza and Coachella. Offering epic music in downtown Montreal in Jean-Drapeau Park. And then there is Coachella, with its two-weekend, three-day music and arts festival. Located in the Inland Empire’s Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert. No where else can you find the perfect variety of music, in a hot sunny desert with so many options for fun!
When getting around to all of these fun and fab music festivals there are many ways to live in comfort while not having to slog around in the mud and use public toilets. You can actually have that long desired shower before the end of the festival.
Enter the RV. Recreational Vehicle. Motor Home. Whatever name you choose the luxury it offers while camping out at a music festival is great. Here are a few great benefits to going to a music festival with an RV:
1. Setup. Everything is already set up and ready to go when you arrive, and take down is super easy.
2. Privacy. You have your own private toilet, toilet paper and best of all SHOWER!
3. Location. You can stay right on the festival grounds, or nearby, which saves on taxi rides or additional car rental and parking costs.
4. Cleanliness. Your sleeping area is much easier to keep clean.
5. Food. You can easily cook your own food with nearly full size appliances.
6. Safety. All of your belongings are safely locked away.
7. Comfort. There’s nothing like sleeping in a comfy bed instead of on an air mattress.
8. Weather. If it rains, or snows, or is extremely hot or cold, you have a safe haven.
9. Sound. If the show goes all night and you’re ready to crash, an RV provides some sound protection.
10. Convenience. It’s like a hotel room where ever, whenever you want.